Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Day 8: April 28th, 2014

Today was the first day of student teaching! I woke up and got ready for the day. I went down to breakfast and ate with my host family. For breakfast in Germany they eat granola or cereal with yogurt or room temperature milk, toast or bread with jam or Nutella, and sometimes fruit.

To get to the Anne Frank Gymnasium we have to go to Werne. So, today Jennay's host mom drove us to school on her way to work. We did not have to start teaching today because the Dortmund News came to video tape us at school and in Werne. They wanted to put a segment in the nightly news about Americans coming to student teach in Germany. For most of the day we had people video taping us. For me that was the first time I have been video taped. It was a new experience and I enjoyed it.

We were free to go home after the news team left. A group of us decided to walk into Werne to see the center of town. We walked around for a little bit. We meet up with Jennay's host mom. She took us around to several churches in Werne and then drove us back to Herbern. I ended up coming with Emily to help her work on travel plans for our coming trip to Munich. Afterwards, Emily's host mom took us to see Westerwinkle castle which is a little outside of Herbern. It was a small, but pretty castle. The land around it wad very well kept and beautiful.

When I go home I ate dinner with my family. We talked for awhile about random topics. The dad has many questions for me and likes to practice his English on me. He is good! It was a very interesting first day in Werne, but I already love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment