Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 14: May 4th, 2014

Our last day in Munich and Bavaria! It has been a great weekend!

Today we had one thing planned before leaving for Werne. We were going to visit the Dachau Concentration Camp memorial. This was new experience for me because I had never been to a concentration camp before. After the tour, it was hard for me to fully grasp and understand what I was felling. It was hard for me to believe I was in an area where so much pain and suffering took place. The most disturbing part of it all was walking through the crematory. To think this is where many innocent people died was very saddening. The day we were at the camp, they were having an annual ceremony to commemorate those lost in the camps. A very old man gave a speech. Later we learned he had been in four concentration camps, one of them being Dachau, and he was the head of the committee.

The rest of the day was spent traveling back to Werne on the train! It was nice to be back in Werne with my host family!

No comments:

Post a Comment