Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 12: May 2nd, 2014

I still can't believe I am in Bavaria or Southern Germany, just a couple days ago I was in Northern German. Now when I look out the window I see the Alps in the background. What a big change in scenery.
We spent the day walking around the Neuschwanstein castle and taking a tour of the inside of the castle. It was very interesting! We were only able to see 4 of the rooms because much of the castle was not completed after King Ludwig II died. His death is mystery; no one knows what happened. He was found in the river, so he either killed himself or someone killed him!

We took the train to Munich around 4 and arrived around 6. We found the hostel we were staying in and got settled. This is the first time I will be staying in a hostel. It is different from a hotel. When we first check in we have to pay and we have to grab our sheets to make our bed. That evening we went to the Hofbrauhaus which is the biggest beer tavern in the world. It was a great atmosphere and the food was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment