Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Day 25: May 15th, 2014

Travel day! We had to get up at 2:45 to drive to Munster to catch our first flight. It was going to be a long day. Our first flight didn't leave until 6am. It was a 30 minute flight to Frankfort where we had a 7 hour layover. Our flight out of Frankfort to New York left around 1pm. So, we spent the time sleeping and just hanging out. We had to change gates once before we got on our international flight. The 8 hour flight wasn't bad. I spent the time watching movies and sleeping. A lot of time was spent doing nothing. I was so happy when we touched down in America!

Then the craziness began. We had to wait an hour in line in passport control. While standing in line we found out our flight to Nashville was canceled. So we started freaking out. After getting through passport control we figured out what we were going to do. We ended up booking a flight to Louisville the next morning. We spent the night at the airport which was a new experience for me. It was tough sleeping in chairs and on the floor but we all survived. I was glad when we finally got on the plane to Louisville. When we landed in Kentucky I was so happy to be home!

Germany was a great experience and I will never forget everything I saw and did. The student teaching was fun and learned a lot about the German school system, which will be beneficial when I start teaching in America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment